Lauryl Peroxide Distributor & Supplier - Seidler
Contact Us 973-465-1122
"Family owned and operated since 1896"

Lauryl Peroxide

Lauryl peroxide is a white solid with a slight soapy smell. It is less dense than water,and is incapable of being dissolved in water. This means that it actually floats on top of water. It also has a melting point 49°C. It is extremely toxic if it happens to be ingested or inhaled through breathing. The chemical is also an extremely dangerous skin irritant, so be careful not to touch it.

It can be used as a bleaching agent, and as a drying agent for waxes, oils and fats. It is also sometimes used as as a polymerization catalyst. It's properties are explosive in nature and it is a strong oxidizing agent. When it reacts with air and water it is highly flammable. The chemical can increase the intensity of a fire, and becomes sensitive to shock when exposed to heat. It may also ignite when mixed with flammable chemicals.