N-Propyl Alcohol (n-Propanol) Or NMP Solvent
N-Methyl-2 Pyrrolidone (NMP) is a very versatile solvent with a wide range of uses. It a powerful compound that is considered reliable due to its high thermal and chemical stability. In spite of its use in a number of chemical products, NMP is biodegradable and recyclable (via distillation).
- NMP can be used for coating, cleaning and stripping. Some of its applications include:
- Photoresist stripping for electronics
- Stripping agent for various consumer and industrial products
- Cost-effective solution for graffiti removal; highly effective in removing crayon and lipstick from various surfaces
- Solvent for use in pharmaceutical formulations; may be a good compound to use as an enhancer for more effective skin penetration of cosmetics and medicines
- Solvent for mixing and producing various formulations for use in agriculture
The compound is usually a clear to a very light yellow liquid. It can be combined with commonly used solvents including chloroform, benzene, certain ketones or alcohols, and ethyl acetate. It has a high boiling temperature, a low volatility and a high flashpoint. If your looking for NMP, or n-methly-2-pyrrolidone then look no further. Seidler Chemical is the nmp supplier you need. We offer nmp, and so many other chemicals. Browse our products page to find exactly what you need.
Our experience benefits many industries, and cannot be matched by other nmp suppliers.