This substance is the liquid version of phenol, which has been mixed into a solution. It is usually colorless, although it may have a slight pinkish hue in some instances. Liquefied phenol emits a strong sweet, medicinal odor. Like crystalline phenol, this substance is highly toxic to humans and should be treated with care.
As with standard phenol, this substance can be utilized as an antiseptic or disinfectant. In its liquefied form, this chemical is used mainly for treatment of fungal infections. It is heavily diluted to ensure that it is not caustic to the surrounding tissue. It can also be used to treat ingrown toe and fingernails.
Due to its high toxicity levels, liquefied phenol should be handled with gloves, goggles, and a breathing mask at all times. It should also be stored in an airtight container to prevent it from crystallizing when exposed to the air. This substance is flammable and should be kept in a cool, dry area.