Sulfamic Acid (BA-V145-07, ACS, 500 Gm)
When mixed with water or other liquids, this substance is colorless, but in its natural state, it forms a white, crystalline powder. It is odorless and highly toxic to humans, but it is not flammable. It’s highly soluble in water and is considered an intermediate compound between sulfuric acid and sulfamide.
A primary use for sulfamic acid is a cleaning agent. It works well on many different metals and ceramics. It can either be used in a pure form or a mixture of other chemicals. This substance is remarkable at removing limescale and rust, and it is much less volatile than other cleaners, such as hydrochloric acid. Other uses include dye and pigment manufacturing, herbicide, and the production of paper products.
Sulfamic acid is highly corrosive to human tissue, so all proper safety gear must be worn at all times. It can cause severe burns if exposed directly to the skin or eyes. It should be stored in a cool, dry area.